Saturday, February 25, 2017
Enter Title

 

Welcome Back From The Attic is a series of newsletters produced from 1975-1978 compiling historic events, photos, maps, previously published news stories, and personal accounts of the origins of Caledonia. This project was the work of the Caledonia Bicentennial Committee.

Chairman Kenneth R. Gackler

Secretary Sue Strause

Photo Reproduction Jay Shook

Layout & Printing Edward & Donald Passenger.

Take a few moments and enjoy the pieces of history brought Back From The Attic...

Volume 1      Volume 11

Volume 2      Volume 12

Volume 3      Volume 13

Volume 4      Volume 14

Volume 5      Volume 15

Volume 6      Volume 16

Volume 7      Volume 17

Volume 8      Volume 18

Volume 9      Volume 19

Volume 10    Volume 20

Caledonia Station

Caledonia Station originated as a stop on the Michigan Central Railroad.

The Kinsey Home

Kinsley Home

Wilson Home

 

The Wilson home formerly known as Maplewine Estate

Caledonia Hotel - NE corner of E. Main & Lake

Caledonia Hotel

Caledonia Village Council - 1954

 

Caledonia Village Council Meeting—1954

Higley’s Barber Shop

President—Carl Higley

Clerk—Keith Bergy

Treasurer—Joan Kegerris

(not shown)



Trustees—Warren Tape, Frank Farnham, Clarence Finkbeiner, Russ Taylor, John Isenhof-(Not Shown)

Constable— Harvey Bowen

“C” Building

Built 1892

Demolished 1956

"C" Building

"B" Building

“B” Building

Built 1921

Demolished 2005

“A” Building

Built 1936

Demolished 2005

"A" Building

Village Census Counts 

 1880 - 340 

 1890 - 438 

 1900 - 427

 

 1910 - 422

 1920 - 432

 1930 - 469

 1940 - 467

 1950 - 619

 1960 - 739

 1970 - 716

 1980 - 722

 1990 - 885

 2000 - 1102

 2010 - 1511